Children’s Faith Development
The program is meant to provide children with an understanding of Unitarian Universalism, and the many experiences that reside in our religious community.
Nursery & Children’s registration form is located in this link. This registration form must be completed for each year. The information you provide goes directly to the DLFD and only pertinent information will be shared with classroom volunteers to ensure your child/ren’s safety. Please take the time to fill the form out fully; it should only take 5-10 of your time. https://goo.gl/forms/ix0HAPd0Ag95xKWX2
We currently provide a children’s faith development 3-4 Sundays a month. The fourth or fifth Sunday is a multi generational service where the children have an opportunity to join us in worship and help with some of the roles if they choose.
Our program has been developed in order to provide various learning opportunities for our children to learn and grow in their faith.
We currently offer:
- 16 lessons from the UUA Tapestry of Faith multi generational curriculum
- bUUddies – This is a fellowship and friendship building program developed by our Director of Lifespan Faith Development to help the young people make connections with each other regardless of age.
- Children’s Chapel This is a monthly offering which is a child centered miniature version of a worship service. This allows our younger congregants to feel empowered to participate in a service and gain a better understanding of the elements of a service.
- Art Days There has been a long tradition of an end of church year art exhibit at TPUUF and we continue this tradition by having UU themed art days for children to make pieces both individually and collaboratively to display on Faith Development Sunday.
- Special Days We have two very special days that we offer; multi generational Sunday services and an occasional visit from our minister Bryant Brown during class.
*** Check out each month’s newsletter for monthly information on Faith Development at Thomas Paine!