Covenant of Good Relations
This Covenant of Good Relations was developed as a result of a Fellowship Workshop with District Executive Rev. Dr. Richard Speck on Sunday, October 7, 2001. Approved as a Fellowship Statement at the Annual Meeting on March 22, 2003.
COVENANT — A written document that is developed, agreed to, and owned by its creators, and practiced on a daily basis as a spiritual practice.
WE COVENANT TO:
- Listen to each person carefully and respectfully.
- Honor the inherent worth and dignity of everyone.
- Show care and compassion for each other, our community, and our environment.
- Voice concerns and disagreements honestly and respectfully.
- Measure our behavior by the Principles of Unitarian Universalism.
In times of disagreement or conflict:
- Recognize the conflict and seek resolution directly and in a timely manner.
- Respect and honor the ideas of others.
- Encourage all to express their point of view.
- Practice tolerance, patience, and openness in the process.
- Work toward the common good of the Fellowship.
Responsibilities of Leadership:
- Be highly involved, visible, and representative of the Fellowship as a whole.
- Do not use the power of leadership to promote their own agenda.
- Promote process to provide accountability and continuity.