God is Not God’s Name
Rev. Larry Peers
Religious language can never adequately satisfy our human desire to capture and to express our most profound experiences. Recent research by a Jefferson University Hospital neuroscientist and his colleagues confirm how prevalent and diverse spiritual or poignant experiences are and the lingering impact they can have on our lives. Even when we use religious language, we don’t all mean the same thing by the words that we use. I believe that Unitarian Universalist minister, Rev. F. Forrester Church expressed it well when he said that “God is not God’s name. God is our name for that which is greater than all and yet present in each.”
- Share the Plate – November – Montgomery County Anti-Human-Trafficking Coalition Our Share-the-Plate partner for November 2018 is the Montgomery County Anti-Human Trafficking Coalition known as MCAT. MCAT was formed in 2011 to raise awareness and create ...
- TPUUF Chili and Chowder CookOff Saturday, October 20th Did you feel the nip in the air this morning? Fall is upon us and what better way to celebrate than our upcoming Chili and ...
- TPUUF to host Active Shooter Preparedness Training Be Prepared and Plan to Survive! The Pennsylvania State Police, Intelligence Division, Domestic Security section, is providing a 2-hour Active Shooter Presentation, free of charge at ...
@TPUUF Twitter Feed
Tx @phillygaynews for coverage of the Third Circuit hearing of the Fulton v. City of Phila case, which heard oral arguments last Tuesday. epgn.com/news/local/139… Audio of the arguments also available here www2.ca3.uscourts.gov/oralarg… Thank you to @aclupa for representing us!
The ACLU just sued Donald Trump over his attempt to upend asylum law bit.ly/2DuZk1Z
"The report finds that the concentration of ozone-depleting substances in the atmosphere continues to decrease, leading to an improvement in the ozone layer since the previous assessment carried out in 2014." buff.ly/2AYf6Qx
Women, LGBTQ folx, the FIRST NATIVE AMERICAN WOMEN, we have accomplished so much! twitter.com/sfrederickgray…
Ever wonder what your staff look like when on retreat? Here is a photo from September. Missing Paula Cole Jones in this one! pic.twitter.com/wuJh4jVkKY
"The administration’s dramatic abdication of responsibility with respect to refugees and asylum seekers is unwise and indefensible." We whole-heartedly agree. ow.ly/tXLZ30mz9nd
"A wildfire destroyed most of a Northern California town of 27,000 people. A Cal Fire spokesman said "there's nothing much left standing" in Paradise." Our hearts and prayers go out to all those suffering from the CA fires. buff.ly/2Dwtce3
Some say we saw a blue wave in this week’s midterms, but I believe we saw a moral wave. inequality.org/great-divide/6…
"Today’s Central Americans seek merely to live in safety, to work hard and to provide for their families. They are not criminals, as Mr. Trump would have it. They are the victims of criminal enterprises that only pretend to govern." ow.ly/dIiA30mz8Fb
- The UUA opposes Trump administration’s new rules for contraceptive insurance coverage November 8, 2018
- Post-Election Spiritual Care November 7, 2018
- UUA President responds to shooting at Tree of Life Synagogue October 27, 2018